This congregation originated with some calico printers, previously in connection with the Relief Church, who had come to the area for work from elsewhere in the country. They applied for and obtained a supply of sermons from the Relief Presbytery of Glasgow in 1793. Church built in 1797. This congregation joined the United Presbyterian Church in 1847, as did most Relief congregations. They united with the Holm of Balfron United Presbyterian congregation in 1880.
Source: Annals and Statistics of the United Presbyterian Church, by Rev. William MacKelvie, D.D., pub. 1873
Places of Worship
Balfron Associate Burgher Church c1798-c1821
Holm of Balfron General Associate Secession, later United Presbyterian Church c1739-c1880